There's a career for you at Canadel
The individual selected will be able to interpret a blueprint and conform to its specifications during manufacture of each furniture part. The individual will need to be able to use the following machine tools: edging machine, time saver, tenoning machine, slotting machine, table saw, multispindle driller, shaper, radial saw, etc. The candidate will be called on to assemble prototypes, conduct follow-up with suppliers, manage product quality, test and make recommendations for product durability, initiate ongoing improvement projects, have excellent human resources skills, and participate in various committees (quality, HR, lean production, 5W).
- Independence and initiative
- Organizational skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to react quickly to the unexpected
- Solution- and OHS-focussed
- Able to adapt easily to change
- Mastery of MS Office software
- Team spirit and a sense of belonging
Requirements and working conditions
- Educational level: Secondary School Diploma (General) (SSD), DVS in furniture-making or related experience
- Years of experience related to the job offer: 1 to 2 years of experience
Languages asked for:
- Spoken: French
- Written: French
- Various terms: working hours: 7:30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Thursday, and from 7:30 am to 12:30 pm on Friday. Employee benefits, in-house social club, group RRSP and TFSA. Doctor available on-site (1 day/week).
- Salary offered: to be discussed
- Number of hours per week: 40.00
- Job status: permanent, full-time, day
Your message has been successfully sent and we will respond shortly.